Sunday, October 31, 2010

Grossman's another Wuerffel, and Shanny's another Spurrier

Benching McNabb for Grossman reminds me too much of Al Saunders and Steve Spurrier. If the only people that work in your system are inferior athletes who have experience with you, perhaps the problem is less the QB than the coach. Adapt to your talent. If you're really better off starting Rex, Todd C., and Wuerffel, the problem isn't really the roster, is it?

Makes me wonder if Shanny and Cutler would have gotten along if the Skins had finished the Jay trade.

PS -- Okay, let's be honest.  If Favre's injury means he's got his jaw wired for the next six weeks, we wish him the best, sure, but are we really upset?

PPS -- Okay, I feel bad about my PS.  But, um, I can't stop thinking that a cut tongue or broken jaw is a little karmic, if not for Favre, then for the Favre-media conglomerate that's dominated my sports news coverage the last, um, three years?

No comments:

Post a Comment